Windows 10 is now the most widely used operating system in the world, but its built-in apps are notorious for being bloated and unnecessary. If you want to improve your computer’s performance without sacrificing any functionality, here’s how to remove bloatware from Windows 10.
The windows 10 bloatware removal tool is a command-line tool that allows users to remove bloatware from Windows 10.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has gone deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialty in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
20th of October, 2021
Originally published in June 2018
- Bloatware is a kind of software that is one of the numerous problems with Windows 10.
- Removing these will free up some disk space and may even enhance the performance of your computer.
- Our Windows 10 Tips Hub has a lot more helpful articles like this one.
- Our How-To page is certainly worth a look if you like guides and tutorials.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
One of the numerous issues with any Windows operating system, not just Windows 10, is the presence of so-called bloatware, which not only consumes hard drive space but may also make computer usage more difficult and inconvenient.
It becomes much worse when there are problems removing these applications, but that’s an other story. As a result, we’ve written this post to assist you in better understanding this unwelcome piece of software and avoiding (and removing) it as much as possible.
What exactly is bloatware?
Bloatware is a program that comes preloaded with your system or with other software, and its goal is to generate money for its partners. However, it may be beneficial to you.
Bloatware is best shown by McAfee antivirus, which is included with many applications, including Adobe products. You’re unlikely to install it in the first place, but now that you have it, it may be useful.
Since we’re on the topic, avoiding this antivirus is one thing, but installing a really helpful program that will safeguard your machine and data is quite another. With this updated and thorough list, we come to your rescue!
How can I uninstall bloatware in Windows 10?
- Manually remove bloatware
- Take everything out at once.
- Reinstall Windows from the beginning.
- Easily remove bloatware from the Microsoft Store.
- How can I get rid of bloatware toolbars from my browser?
- In the future, don’t install any unwanted applications.
- Use a PowerShell script to automate the process.
Now that you’ve learned what bloatware is, you’re undoubtedly eager to get rid of it. Fortunately, you can simply uninstall them without causing any damage to your computer, just like any other third-party application.
There are a few methods to get rid of undesirable software from your computer, and we’ll teach you how to do it all.
1. Manually remove bloatware
If you don’t have a lot of bloatware on your computer, you may use a professional uninstalling program to manually remove all unnecessary applications.
While looking for the best uninstaller for this task, we discovered that many users suggest using a third-party uninstaller rather than Windows’ built-in application removal tool.
It’s entirely up to you whatever software you choose, but if we had to make a recommendation, we’d say IOBit Uninstaller Pro is the best option.
2. Take everything out at once.
- Decrap is available for download.
- It should be installed.
- Because you don’t have to install anything, use the portable version.
- Allow it to do a scan of your machine for installed applications.
- After the scan is finished, just tick all of the applications you wish to remove.
- Bloatware is typically found in the categories of Automatically Starting Software and Third-Party Software.
- When asked, click Next and create a restore point.
- Decrap will ask you if you wish to remove all of the applications that have been examined automatically or manually.
- Make sure you’ve checked the correct applications, and you’ll be able to remove them all at once.
- After the installation is completed, you will have a PC that is free of bloatware.
If your computer has a lot of bloatware, removing it one by one may be tedious and time-consuming. As a result, uninstalling them all at once is a much better option.
You can’t do that using a standard uninstaller, but there is a software that lets you remove several apps at once.
Decrap is a software that will fully search your computer for installed applications and allow you to quickly remove whatever you desire.
The rule of unknown applications still applies, so double-check what you’re removing before proceeding.
3. Reinstall Windows from the beginning.
You may reinstall Windows 10 from scratch if you’re not sure you’ve removed all of the undesirable applications from your PC.
This is particularly beneficial if you purchased your PC/laptop from a well-known manufacturer who included some of its’sponsored’ bloatware.
To find possible problems, run a System Scan.
To detect Windows problems, click Start Scan.
To solve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All.
To identify faults causing security issues and slowdowns, do a PC Scan using Restoro Repair Tool. The repair procedure will replace damaged files with new Windows files and components once the scan is completed.
However, to remove their bloatware, you must install a fresh copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft. Using Microsoft’s official tool, build your own Windows 10 installation disc with a fresh copy of the operating system.
Although it will take considerably longer than just removing bloatware using earlier techniques, you may be certain that your copy of Windows 10 is entirely free of third-party software.
But, even if you install a new installation of Windows 10, will your PC be completely free of bloatware?
4. Easily remove Microsoft Store bloatware
You may wish to remove a few additional applications even if you don’t have any third-party bloated software.
You’re probably aware that Windows 10 comes with a slew of pre-installed applications, and although I’m not sure whether we should call apps like Weather, News, Sport, and others bloatware, they’re still loaded without your knowledge.
So it’s all up to you. You may label pre-installed Windows 10 applications as bloatware, but if you use them often, you can skip this section.
You may simply uninstall these applications from your computer if you don’t want them to run in the background and use your memory space.
Simply enter the Start Menu, right-click on the program you wish to uninstall, and choose Uninstall.
5. Clear your browser of bloatware toolbars.
- AdwCleaner may be downloaded here.
- To scan your computer, use the scan button.
- When the scan is complete, go through anything you wish to clean.
- Examine the different tabs, such as Services, Folders, and Files.
- After you’ve double-checked that you’ve chosen everything, click the Clean button, and AdwCleaner will liberate you from all of these nagging toolbars.
Now that you’ve learned all there is to know about bloatware and how to deal with it, we’ll discuss how to get rid of all those pesky browser toolbars and other bundled software that comes with your computer.
Because most of these bloatware toolbars are installed as regular applications, you may remove them using one of the techniques listed above. However, using a software intended for this purpose is an even more efficient method to remove them altogether.
6. In the future, try to avoid installing any malicious applications.
After you’ve fully cleaned your computer, you’ll want to make sure it remains that way.
So, in order to keep your computer as clean as possible, here are some suggestions on how to prevent downloading bloatware in the future:
- Always get official versions of applications from their download pages if at all feasible.
- Check to see whether you downloaded any other software when downloading the application.
- Make sure to select any options that ask you to install a program you don’t want to install throughout the application installation process, since most unwanted software is installed by mistake.
- During the installation, don’t click every Consent since you may unintentionally agree to download something you don’t want.
7. Use a PowerShell script to automate the process.
PowerShell may also be used to remove bloatware from Windows 10. The script is available on GitHub and is open-source. To be honest, we recommend that you get it on your computer as soon as possible.
Many developers are already moving platforms as a result of Microsoft’s acquisition of GitHub. Worse still, Microsoft may decide to ban this kind of material in the future.
In addition, to keep your computer fully clean, see our advice on eliminating program remnants.
Now you know all there is to know about unwanted software, how to remove it, and how to prevent it from being installed again. Tell us about your bloatware experience in the comments section below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To resolve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are two responses to this post.
The remove windows 10 bloatware reddit is a tutorial that will teach you how to remove bloatware from Windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to remove bloatware on Windows 10?
The bloatware on Windows 10 is not safe to remove. Microsoft does not allow users to remove these apps from the operating system, so they cannot be removed by a user.
What bloatware should I remove from Windows 10?
You can remove bloatware by following these steps. 1) Open the Start menu and select Settings > Apps & Features 2) Select each app that you want to uninstall, then click Uninstall/Change 3) Uninstall the apps one by one or all at once
How do I remove bloatware from Windows 10 2021 Windows 10 Debloater?
You can use the Windows 10 Debloater to remove bloatware from your PC.
- windows 10 bloatware removal powershell
- windows 10 bloatware list
- windows 10 bloatware list 2021
- windows 10 bloatware list 2020
- remove bloatware windows 10 2021