There are a few ways to back up your iPhone and iCloud. You can use iTunes or you can use iCloud to backup your phone. If you want to keep all of your data, you might need to delete some apps from the device.
The iphone won’t backup to icloud not enough storage is a question that has been asked many times. There are two ways to fix this problem, one of which is using iTunes.
Our iPhones have evolved into virtual extensions of ourselves. They hold important digital data that we can’t afford to lose, such as work files, treasured pictures, contacts, random data, and anything else you put there.
The good news is that your iPhone backs up some of your data; the bad news is that the quantity of data it can store is limited.
So, let’s have a look at how to back up your phone even if the storage is full.
When my iPhone’s storage is full, how can I back it up?
If you’re attempting to backup your iPhone to a Cloud service but your storage is full, you may either delete unnecessary items from your Cloud to free up space or pay a small charge for more storage. To backup your iPhone, you’ll need space, regardless of which Cloud service you choose.
A number of services and apps claim to be able to solve storage problems, but it’s better to start with Apple’s own offerings.
You can back up your phone settings, apps data, text messages, contact list, pictures, and videos using iCloud and iTunes.
Let’s look at it more closely.
Using iCloud for backup
iCloud is an iPhone function that automatically backs up your data, but you must first enable it.
You may do this by:
- Join a Wi-Fi network using your phone.
- To access iCloud, go to settings (tap on your name), then iCloud.
- Look for “Manage Storage” and then touch on Backups.
- Turn on your iCloud backup if it isn’t already on by clicking the switch button.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is still active, then choose “Back Up Now.”
- After that, go to Settings, then iCloud, go to Storage, touch on Manage Storage, and then click on your device to see what data you’ve backed up. All of your recent backups will be displayed here.
You can only back up 5GB of data on Apple.
If you attempt to back up any more data after this limit has been met, you will get an error notice. If you need additional space, you will be charged a monthly price based on the size you require.
For example, if you need an extra 50GB of storage, you’ll have to spend 99 cents each month.
You may acquire 200GB of storage for $2.99 each month. You can also get an extra 2TB of storage for $9.99 per month.
You may also share your iCloud storage plan with up to five additional members of your family.
Of course, if you choose this option, you’ll need a bigger storage plan, such as 200GB or 2TB.
Sharing a storage space does not imply that everyone will have access to your private data; rather, each individual will maintain their own privacy and utilize their own iCloud accounts, just as they would with their own plans.
A family storage plan may be managed by one person, but you all get to split the space.
To create a family storage strategy, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings menu and choose your name.
- Locate and touch on “Family Sharing.”
- Then choose iCloud storage from the drop-down menu.
- Select the quantity of living space you need for your household. It may be 200GB or 2TB in size.
- To add your family members to the plan, click “Add Member.” They will be sent invites through text message, and if they accept, their names will be added to the schedule.
- Other advantages, such as group app store purchases for your family, may be added if desired.
The highest storage capacity available from Apple is 4TB.
When you reach this point, you’ll need to decide who should restrict their space and who should opt out of the plan.
Using iTunes for backup
You may also use iTunes to back up your data.
However, you’ll need an iTunes-enabled computer (either a Mac or a Windows PC) to do so.
Then, using WI-FI or a USB cable, you should connect your iPhone to that computer.
Here’s how to go about doing it.
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Click file, then devices, then “Back Up Now” from the summary screen.
You may also use iTunes to back up your phone’s application data, text messages, movies, and pictures.
The greatest thing is that iTunes backup is completely free.
The following are the only things to keep in mind:
- If you want a successful iTunes backup, you should perform it manually. Automatically doing it will use up a lot of your network capacity, causing it to shut down.
- For your backup, you’ll need adequate hard disk space on your computer. When movies and pictures are included in the backup, this is critical.
- You may also want to back up your computer just to be safe. This is because an iTunes backup just transfers your data from your iPhone to another device, which may be destroyed as well.
- To make communication between your iPhone and PC feasible, you’ll need to install the necessary drivers. Without doing so, you won’t be able to upload or copy your pictures from your computer to your iPhone.
Using alternative online storage solutions to back up your iPhone
Aside from Apple’s services, there are several apps you can install on your smartphone that will enable you to backup your data to their cloud.
These apps are generally considerably less expensive than iCloud and offer you the option of switching to Android if you don’t want to stay with Apple indefinitely.
These alternative online storage solutions, unlike iCloud, will not enable you to backup parts of your data, including as text messages, apps, application data, settings, voicemail, and other things that you normally backup.
Your movies, pictures, and contacts, on the other hand, will be backed up.
People who have a lot of data to back up would utilize these online storage alternatives for movies and pictures since they are less expensive, and then use iCloud for everything else.
These solutions are also useful if your iTunes backup storage is full.
Furthermore, as long as you have an internet connection, you may use these apps to access your data from any other device.
Using the service’s iPhone app or similar apps online, you may simply share your data with others.
You may also upload data from your computer to your phone and see it there.
Normally, you will have to manually upload data while using your computer.
When you are connected to a network, though, you may configure your iPhone to automatically upload this data.
These are some of the online storage options:
- Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service.
- a single drive
- Amazon Cloud Drive is a storage service provided by Amazon.
How to use Google Drive to back up your iPhone
- Ascertain that your phone is linked to a wireless network.
- If you don’t already have a Google account, you’ll need to establish one.
- Download and install the Google Drive app on your iPhone from the App Store.
- To use the app, go to the upper left corner and tap the three lines (also known as the hamburger menu).
- After that, go to Settings (the gear symbol) and choose “Backup.”
- To begin the backup process, tap “Start Backup.”
The following are some of the benefits of backing up your data to Google Drive:
- When you run out of space, you may use Google to obtain an additional 15GB of storage for free. You may save all of your pictures and movies here indefinitely.
- When you use Google Drive, you may simply move to an Android device in the future.
- You may also access your info from any non-Apple device whenever you want. You can simply move files from a laptop to a desktop computer, for example.
Is it possible to store your iMessages to Google Drive?
Yes, you certainly can. Go to “Advanced Settings” in the Google Drive app, then “Backup settings.” You can back up your iMessages via SMS, and you can do the same with WhatsApp communications.
To save your info, click the back button, and you’re done.
Using OneDrive to back up your iPhone
You may use OneDrive to back up your pictures and movies to the cloud.
You must first download the OneDrive app from the Apple Store, much like Google Drive.
Make sure you’re connected to the WI-FI network by logging into the app using your Microsoft account.
Go to the app’s settings (usually shown by the gear symbol) and choose Camera Upload.
To automatically upload your pictures and videos, turn it on by clicking the toggle button.
Turn on “Include Videos” on the same page to ensure that your videos are also submitted.
Using Amazon Cloud Drive to back up your iPhone
- Sign in to your Amazon account by going to their website. If you don’t already have one, create one.
- Then, go to the Apple App Store and download and activate the Amazon Cloud Drive app.
- You’ll be asked to sign in and create an account. After that, go to settings by tapping the “Menu” icon on the app.
- Turn on “Auto-Save” by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Make a list of the data you wish to back up, such as your movies and pictures, and check the boxes.
- You’re all set; your data will now be backed up automatically.
You’ll get 5GB of free storage from Amazon Cloud Drive to share with your family and friends.
You’ll have to pay an annual charge of $19.99 for 100GB or $59.99 for 1TB after you’ve reached this limit.
When you run out of space on your iPhone, you have a lot of choices.
You may utilize iCloud and iTunes for this since they enable you to backup all of your data, including messages, apps, application data, settings, and voicemail.
Then, for large-size movies and pictures, you may utilize alternative online choices like Google Drive.
If you need to backup your iPhone, the icloud storage is a good option. It allows users to back up their device and manage all of their content.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I backup my iPhone when full?
You can use iCloud or iTunes to back up your iPhone.
How do I backup my iPhone without iCloud?
To backup your iPhone without iCloud, you can use iTunes or iCloud itself.
What will happen if my iPhone storage is full?
If your iPhone storage is full, you will not be able to play Beat Saber.
- iphone says not enough storage but there is
- why can’t i backup my iphone when i have enough storage
- how much storage do i need to backup my iphone
- how to backup iphone to icloud
- how to backup iphone to icloud on mac