The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 is a phone that was released in 2018. It has a 5.3-inch display and runs on the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. This device is also known for its dual cameras, which are capable of taking photos with resolutions up to 16 megapixels.
The z flip samsung is a smartphone that has been released by Samsung. If you want to root this phone, then you will need to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery.
In August 2021, Samsung released its third-generation clamshell, the Galaxy Z Flip 3. New foldable phones were also unveiled by the tech giant. Samsung has come close to perfecting the new Galaxy Z Flip 3. The device’s mobility, hardware, and performance are all well-balanced. This tutorial is for you if you have a Galaxy Z Flip 3 and are searching for a root guide. You will learn how to root the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and how to unlock the bootloader of the Galaxy Z Flip in this article.
Many people questioned if the first-generation Galaxy Flip could withstand being used as a daily driver without breaking, but the phone turned out to be fantastic. Of course, since it was the first screen flip phone, there were certain problems. However, it seems that the new Galaxy Z Flip 3 is a hit with everyone. In comparison to previous flip phones, it has a larger cover screen. It implies you’ll have additional choices for personalization, such as widgets and backgrounds.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 is a high-end smartphone with a stunning appearance and exceptional performance. Because of its unique form aspect, you’ll want to experiment with a variety of modification options. This is where root privilege comes into play. For changes and customizations, you may root the Galaxy Z Flip 3. We’ll also show you how to unlock the Galaxy Z Flip 3’s bootloader.
Rooting Samsung phones isn’t as simple as it once was. It has become more complicated, and even little errors may result in your phone being bricked. However, there is a flash tool for Samsung that may assist you in these circumstances. Regardless of these drawbacks, rooted a phone is worthwhile since it allows for extensive modifications and capabilities not accessible by default. Because rooting necessitates an unlocked bootloader, let’s first look at how to unlock the bootloader on the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
Unlock Bootloader Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
The bootloader on Android phones serves as a security feature, but it also prevents you from rooting or installing custom ROMs. To root the phone, you must first unlock the bootloader. Each OEM has their own method for unlocking the bootloader. If you didn’t know, unlocking the bootloader on the Galaxy Z Fold 3 limits the camera function. Fortunately, no one has reported this problem with the Galaxy Z Flip 3. As a result, you may use this method to unlock the bootloader of the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
Note that in most countries, Samsung does not enable the bootloader of Galaxy phones with Snapdragon processors to be unlocked. Check to see whether your phone has a bootloader that can be unlocked.
- Take a complete backup of your Galaxy Z Flip3 first, since unlocking the bootloader will erase all of your data.
- After you’ve made a backup, navigate to Settings > About Phone > Software Information on your phone. To activate developer options, look for the Build Number and tap on it 7-8 times. ‘You are now a developer,’ it will say.
- Return to the main Settings page and choose Additional Settings > Developer Options from the drop-down menu. In Developer Options, turn on OEM unlocking. Enable USB Debugging as well, just in case.
- Turn off your smartphone after activating OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. Connect your phone to your PC by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down buttons.
- Your phone will display a Warning screen, and you may now release both presses. Now press and hold the Volume Up button for a long time to bring up the bootloader screen on the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
- Long press the Volume Up button one more, and the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3’s unlock bootloader will commence and erase all data. Restart your device.
You may check for OEM unlocking after unlocking the bootloader by checking the unlock mode in download mode. Once everything seems to be in order, you may begin the rooting process. However, be sure to read the prerequisites section.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Using Magisk
- On your PC, extract the Galaxy Z Flip3 file and look for the AP file (file starting with AP). Now, from the AP file, extract the boot image (boot.img.lz4). Then, using 7 Zip, convert the file to tar format.
- The boot tar file should be copied to your phone.
- Download and install the Magisk app on your phone. If the app is already installed on your smartphone, you may skip this step.
- On your phone, open the app and choose Install.
- A pop-up window will open, prompting you to choose ‘Select and Patch a File.’
- Wait for the patching procedure to complete once you’ve browsed and selected the boot tar file. Patching the file may take a few seconds. The result will be stored as magisk patched.tar in the download folder.
- Transfer the modified tar file to your computer. Start the download mode on your phone.
- On your computer, launch the Odin Flash Tool. Load the magisk patched file into AP on the right side of the tool. Make sure that Auto Reboot is turned off in the Options menu.
- After you’ve completed all of the preceding steps, press the Start button (considering your phone is connected to PC). It will begin flashing your phone with the patched Magisk file.
- When it’s finished, it’ll display a Pass message and reset your device. If the device is stuck in bootloop, do a factory reset.
- Turn on your phone’s internet connection once it has been rebooted. If Magisk Manager isn’t already installed on your phone, do so now. Open the program and follow the instructions on the dialog box.
That’s all; your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 now has root access. Apps and functionality that need root access are now available to you. You may also utilize different Xposed Modules on your phone if you want to test out new features. You can also learn how to install Xposed Framework on Android 11 from this page.
So there you have it, the full method to rooting the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 Series, as well as a tutorial to unlocking the Galaxy Z Flip 3 bootloader. Also, please let us know if you have any questions in the comments area below.
- samsung galaxy z flip reviews
- z flip 5g
- samsung z fold 3