Error code 0x800701B1 is a Windows error message that means the system has encountered an unexpected problem and needs to restart. This error can be caused by many different issues, but the most common cause of this error is a failed hard drive or corrupt operating system files.
The error 0x800701b1 fix is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released a fix for the error code in Windows 10.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Error number 0x800701B1 may occur while copying files or folders from one place on your computer to another folder or disk, and the copy process will fail instantly. When transferring files and folders from your computer to an external disk or USB device, and vice versa, this issue may arise.
How can I solve the 0x800701B1 copy error? The emergence of this issue is caused by a number of reasons. As a result, the solutions should likewise be unique.
You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re searching for practical solutions as well. We’ll teach you how to handle this issue in a variety of ways based on the circumstances in this tutorial.
What causes the 0X800701B1 error code?
Inadequate PSU power: If you have an average PSU and a lot of connected gadgets that need a lot of power, you should consider that your power supply may not be enough to power everything. You may fix the issue in this instance by updating the power supply or unplugging some unneeded gadgets.
Inappropriate/incompatible driver: According to some worried users, this error code may be expected if you use a generic driver for the external drive, which results un this error code. In this instance, reinstalling the proper driver should fix the issue.
Insufficient USB 2.0 port: Depending on the kind of hard drive/SSD that causes this issue, you may need to connect it to a USB 3.0 port to get the data transfer speed and performance you require.
How can I fix the 0X800701B1 problem code?
Updated in October 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and viruses by utilizing it. It’s also a fantastic method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The application easily resolves common Windows system problems – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Driver for the hard disk drive should be reset.
- Open the Device Manager application.
- Expand the disks (or USB serial bus controllers) by double-clicking them.
- Then choose Properties from the right-click menu on the USB device.
- Switch to the Driver tab in the resulting window and click Reset Driver.
The hard disk driver must be updated or reinstalled.
- Select Device Manager with a right-click on the Start button.
- To expand the Disks category in Device Manager, double-click it.
- Then choose Update Driver from the context menu when you right-click on the USB device.
- Select Automatically check for driver updates in the window that opens.
- Then wait for the most recent driver to download and install.
- Restart your computer once the driver update has been installed.
- If the problem 0x800701B1 reappears, open Device Manager, right-click the USB device, and choose Uninstall Device.
- Restart your computer after removing the driver, and it will be immediately reinstalled.
In Disk Management, rescan the device.
- Select Disk Management from the context menu by right-clicking on the Start button.
- Click the Action option under Disk Management, then pick Scan Disk from the pop-up menu.
- You should wait till the procedure is finished. Then try copying and pasting the data to the USB device once again.
Using File Explorer to run CHKDSK
- To open File Explorer, press Win + E.
- Select This PC and right-click on the issue disk where error code 0x800701B1 occurred in File Explorer.
- Then, from the context menu, choose Properties.
- Switch to the Tools tab in the new window that opens.
- To check the disk for file system problems, go to the Error Checking section and click Check.
- If Windows identifies an issue, it will ask you to restart your computer to correct the problem.
- After that, all you have to do is wait for the procedure to complete.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
0X800701B1 is an error code. The error message “A non-existent device was provided” in Windows 10 means that the disk you’re attempting to access or copy doesn’t exist. When your computer can’t copy, paste, or transfer data to or from that disk, this occurs.
- Your computer should be restarted.
- SFC and CHKDSK should be run.
- Windows 10 should be updated.
- Use a different USB port.
- Disconnect all other gadgets.
- The hard disk drivers should be updated or reinstalled.
- Limit the file sizes that are transmitted.
- Remove the external hard disk drive and replace it.
- Remove the hardware you’ve just installed.
- The Windows boot procedure should be restarted.
- Enter the LKGC environment (Last Known Good Configuration).
- System Restore may be used to restore the HP laptop.
- Restore the laptop’s functionality.
- Using the Windows installation disk, do a boot recovery.
- Windows should be reinstalled.
xbox 0x800701b1 is a common error code that can be seen in many Windows PCs. The error occurs because of a corrupted system file.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does error 0X800701B1 mean?
This error code is a generic computer error that usually means there was a problem with the application or system software.
How do I fix a Windows installation error?
Windows installation errors are usually caused by a faulty or corrupt installation. If you have not done so already, please try running the Repair Install option in your systems recovery options.
How do you fix is not accessible a device which does not exist was specified?
You can use the following command to fix this issue:
- error code 0x800701b1 windows install
- 0x800701b1 installing windows
- error code 0x800701b1 – 0xa001b
- error 0x800701b1: a device which does not exist was specified
- 0x800701b1 netflix